Saturday, May 11, 2019

RAIN , RAIN AND MORE RAIN

Rain woke me up this morning falling fast and furious for a while. Thankfully it slacked off allowing us to get chores done in a lighter rain.
Another thankful is that we loaded the Honda last night when it wasn't raining at all.
We drove to market in pouring rain and the heavy rain continued while we unloaded. Son-in-love was already there waiting for daughter and IR to arrive after he had been to the gym earlier. He helped hubbie carry all the things in so no one got too wet.
Daughter and IR came in shortly with her things and we got all set up. We were pretty busy even in the pouring rain but it still wasn't what I would have expected for the  Saturday before Mother's Day.
I stayed behind my table a lot today and kept my leg up trying to rest my knee.
Rain boots for a rainy day.

Hubbie left right after daughter and her family left .  I am thankful for all we did sell today.
I left market and made a stop at Aldi for baking supplies and groceries.
The rain thankfully had slacked while I was there. I made it home and hubbie helped me get unloaded and get things put away. We took a nice rest on a Saturday afternoon and watched it rain.
Thankfully the rain slacked again just in time for chore time.
We got chores done and I emptied 2 inches out of the rain gauge from the days down pours of rain.
We moved the chicken tractor again to get it farther away from the power lines in case the leaner pine tree decides to turn loose in the rain tonight.
I came inside and watched TV and rested this evening. The rain started to fall again around 9:00 and continued until we went to bed so we are wondering what we will wake up to in the morning.
After a rainy Sunday it is going to be a cool week, maybe blackberry winter ????

Thankful for the blessings of the day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: