Friday, September 13, 2019

APPLE ORCHARD FUN DAY

Up this morning to greet the kids. I got chores done while hubbie took g-son to school then  he rode with me to take RL to pre-school. We planned on stopping at our favorite thrift shop but found it opens at 9:30 and we were there before 9:00 so we headed on over to the Verizon store where I was ready to turn this new phone back in because my internet here at home was too slow to upload my old phone info to the cloud so I couldn't set the new phone up.
When we got there we also found we were over 30 minutes early as they didn't open until 10:00 !!!  Well this is Friday the 13th and ours has certainly started out on a sour note.
D-in-love called to check on RL and said for me to come over and use the school's fast internet to see if that sure enough was the problem.
I dropped hubbie off at home and when d-in-love hooked my phone to the school internet it only took 10 minutes to get everything uploaded and only about 3 minutes to download it to my new phone. But then we couldn't get my new phone activated so aggravated I left there and came home now having to carry both phones as different things worked on each one of them.
I had my oatmeal for breakfast then daughter called and said to bring my phone over there and she would help me get it set up like she did hers yesterday.
Hubbie needed to check on her heat pump anyway and IR was begging for us to take her to the park.
We worked on my phone for over an hour and then tried to called Verizon to no avail as no one ever answered out calls.  We finally had to take the sim card out of my old phone and put it in the new one to get it activated. But thankfully now everything worked on my new phone.
What a crock !!, lesson learned , never leave the Verizon store without them setting your new phone up and do not believe them when they tell you how easy it will be !!!!
We all got in daughter's van and stopped by Cookout for a take out lunch to take with us to the apple farm we were going to.
This is very close to our house and we didn't know that they had this very nice new playground. IR loved it and had a good time but missed having someone to play with.
We all took our turns eating and playing with her.




We left here with just enough time to pick up my Honda at daughter's house and get home in time for hubbie to go pick up g-son.
While he was gone I did my weekly ironing and then started baking. I baked 4 pound cakes and a pan of brownies. Just as I started baking a thunder storm came through and I prayed that the power wouldn't go out or lightening wouldn't strike anything close before my cakes got done.
Thankfully the lightening and thunder was close but didn't strike anything around. Daughter who lives less than a mile from us got a strike really close to her house.
I did chores in a light rain but the thunder had moved on to the south of our area. No surprise it is storming as this has been another record hot day for this time of year at 91 degrees.
There was 3/4 inch of rain in the gauge at chore time this evening.
I came inside and spent the evening wondering what I was forgetting to do as usual Friday night activities include cake icing. I got the cakes wrapped and got everything ready for market and then had time to write this blog post which also never happens on Friday nights.
Thankful for a regular schedule slow down.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: