Sunday, September 22, 2019

SUNDAY HATCHING AND 1999 MEMORIES

A nice warmer Sunday morning as I got chores done and then got my enchilada casserole in the oven. It sure made the kitchen smell good before we left for church.
I also cooked black beans in the pressure pot before I left and we left corn on the cob cooling on the stove.
Our associate pastor gave the message today.
Everyone made it to lunch today and the casserole turned out very good and everyone enjoyed it along with the beans and Spanish rice I cooked .
The kids all had a good time playing inside and outside and #2 son discovered that the guinea setting in the front yard had chicks starting to hatch.
We saw at least three chicks but the hen wasn't moving so we knew that there was more hatching under her spread wings.
I have been afraid that it has been so hot that the eggs might not hatch but hopefully she will have a good hatch out of the 24 eggs that we counted under her.
This has been a nice quiet afternoon after everyone left and as I sat out in the round swing enjoying the cool breeze and the setting sun I couldn't help but wonder how much longer  before all this green would be turning to the blah browns and greys of colder weather.
We got chores done and set a bottomless rabbit cage down over the guinea hen since she hasn't made any effort to get off her nest all evening.
I was afraid she would try and get her chicks out early in the morning and either an early morning predator or the wet grass would be their demise.
Hubbie couldn't believe I was able to cup the cage down around her without disturbing her but thankfully I did.
To continue the decade pics with September 1999 school and athletic pics.
#1 son was entering his senior year of high school and football.


#2 son was entering his 11th grade year of high school.
And daughter was entering her freshman year of high school and played JV volleyball.
In the first picture she is looking through the net and she is hitting the ball in the second pic.

Great memories for a very busy time in our lives.
Thankful for the blessings of today.
God Bless and Good Night.