Monday, September 16, 2019

APPLE ORCHARD FUN

Monday morning rolls around so quickly seems like. Up to get this week started at 7am greeting g-son and RL.
Hubbie took g-son to school then when he got back I did my chores and we both took RL to pre-school.
After we dropped her off we hit a couple thrift shops and then came home. We found a note from Asplund tree trimmers saying they were finally going to trim the trees off our power lines. I made a call to the number left on the note and told him if he would come back and tell me what he needed moved to trim we would be glad to move things around to make it easier for them to get to the lines.
He said it would probably be a week or so before they got here.
I gathered laundry and got it all downstairs while hubbie took a spreader over to daughter's house where Tommy, (son-in-love's dad ) and Ben were reseeding their yard.
When he came back he said they were leaving at noon and IR wanted to go to the park with RL .
We picked up RL and met daughter and the girls at our friend's apple house.
The girls ate their picnic lunch I had packed for them and then they were off to explore and play.


 Taking a break...….
Mad because I ask them to stand still for a pic !!!
 And they're off again...….



 Conversations in the pumpkin patch with your cousin are the best !!!!

 Hitchin a ride …...


 checkers .............
We got some cold drinks and do-nuts and headed home. RL went to sleep before we got very far and took a good nap until mom got home on the couch.
Hubbie picked up g-son and he was happy that he didn't have any homework today !!
D-in-love came in and took them home and I got the 3 loads of weekly laundry done.
I did chores and then hubbie found the missing rooster that had been roosting on the kids yellow slide just behind the dog  lots. I thought he was pretty smart to pick a roosting place really close to the house and the dog lots but something was very brave last night and carried him off leaving a trail of feathers from the slide platform to the pasture fence where he dragged or carried him . Hubbie followed the feathers and found him out in the middle of the pasture missing his head and insides. This looks like the work of a racoon . I sat out my game cam tonight in the proximity of where the attack occurred to see it the predator returns for another meal.
I also started shutting all the hen house doors on all the houses tonight after all the chickens went inside to roost.
I trimmed some weeds from some flower beds this evening in the cooler air.
I finished laundry and blogged before getting ready for an early bedtime.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: