Friday, May 8, 2020

A COLD NIGHT AHEAD AND SNOW IN MAY

Brrrr !!!!  Dang I thought winter was over !!  It is cloudy and cold this morning as I got out to get chores done and then get all the covers off the plants we covered last night. There was a very heavy frost so the blankets and sheets were all wet and we had to find places to hang them so they could dry today.
I came inside and had a late breakfast and then hubbie and I cleaned house until daughter brought IR and CA over so she cold get some school online work done.
The girls had a good lunch and then we played with them in the playroom so daughter could get her work done.


A little later RL joined us for the playtime afternoon.
After daughter finished her work she ,d-in-love and me went to pick up some CSA bags from a local farm and then went by a plant greenhouse on our way home where I picked out my Mother's Day gift from daughter.

And I also got one for myself and some perennial plants for some pots in the yard.

We came home and everyone left and hubbie and I watched the early news. We were expecting some heavy rain this evening but so far we haven't gotten but a few light sprinkles. The possibility of a late snowfall is the biggest news of this day.
We are going to be in the lower 30's for the next 2 nights so that means extra work for hubbie and I .
We were waiting out the rain so our coverers wouldn't get soaked and heavy on the plants.
We got chores done and then waited until after 8:00 to get back out in a very light drizzle and put our covers back on the plants.
We had some added ghostly figures tonight as we covered the blueberries that are loaded with berries already formed.
And the racks hubbie made over these 2 raised beds worked perfectly to hold the covers up off the plants and keep them warm.
It was dark by the time we got back inside and the wind picked up so we are going to check right before bedtime to make sure the covers haven't blown off the plants.
The wind blew the clouds away and the big "flower moon" is shining brightly but I didn't realize until I saw this that it is the last super full moon of the year.
Hubbie and I relaxed for the evening and he built a fire in our woodstove which we wouldn't have expected to need to do in the month of May.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

We had some snow flurries here yeLast nights temp was 27 degrees. Sunday we are expecting possible snow again. What is up with May?