Wednesday, May 13, 2020

KIDS , PLANTS AND WATERMELON

Up to IR crawling in bed with me and holding her cold feet to my side and giggling !
It was 41 degrees this morning a bit below the predicted 45 but still nice not to be removing covers off all the plants this morning.
I got chores done while hubbie fixed breakfast for IR and CA who are staying here this morning while daughter goes with d-in-love and Re and their kids to a nursery in Rosman about an hour away.


D-in-love and RE and the kids stopped and picked strawberries on the way home and RL ate more then she picked !!!


After I had my breakfast I snuck back up to the chicken pens and cleaned out the brooder box I moved the silkie hen and 4 chicks from last night.
Back inside we loaded up the girls and went over to school to pick up lunches for the girls.
Back at home for lunch and the girls enjoyed the Italian subs and hubbie and I enjoyed salads from our garden. G-son came up also and had lunch with us and then he played ball with IR out in the back yard.
 Teaching her to throw from over her head.
 And she made a very good throw.....
 They were both proud...

Daughter called and got me some things also and this was what her van looked like when she got home.

She also went into the produce part of the nursery and brought us a large watermelon home which we enjoyed . It was a very good tasting melon for this time of year and it is IR's favorite fruit !!

G-son who little CA just loves pointed out today that they are the only blue eyed cousins so far.

They are laughing because she reached for g-son's phone and he asked her if she wanted his phone and she promptly answered "yes".

Daughter went home with the girls and then d-in-love came by to drop off some tomato plants she got for me and RL stayed and had ice cream while her mom ran to Petco to make a name tag to go on the beagle puppy.


Hubbie mowed the lawn while RL helped me plant some of my flowers that I have been collecting over the last weeks.
I'll make pics when I am done with everything because I keep changing my mind on locations of several things.
After RL left hubbie who spotted a new guinea nest while mowing showed me where it was. I changed my plans for the 2 setting silkies and decided the red hen who is always an excellent mama would get moved into the box I cleaned out this morning and the black hen who I have already placed 6 layer hen eggs under can wait another day for the brooder box that I am taking the silkie mama and her 2 chicks out of tonight. I am putting these in the old guinea house with the other mama and chicks. Silkie hens usually co-parent very well so I hope these 2 will get along.
I got back inside just as daughter and son-in-love dropped off  IR and CA to stay here while they made our Sam's shopping trip.
IR went outside with me while I planted a couple more plants and watered all I had planted. She was loud so RL heard her and came up to play also.
Re came over and brought some beef over that I ordered from her and a couple dozen eggs to finish filling some orders I have this week.
All three girls ate a good supper of mac and cheese and then daughter and son-in-love brought the groceries in and took all of them home.
I went back outside to get the chickens all settled down and in their new places and it seemed to all work out fine. Almost too easy !!!

#1 son and d-in-love have gotten interested in gardening for themselves this year for the first time son built this big box for d-in-love to grow lettuce in behind their house.

Back inside I popped some popcorn and settled down to watch the Survivor finally which is 3 hours long.
Thankful for a busy blessing filled day.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

Can't wait for some of our nurseries and farmers markets to open around here. Love all your pictures. The grand-kids sure are growing. Have a great weekend. Blessings