Tuesday, May 26, 2020

EGG HATCHING DAY

A Tuesday that feels like a Monday today !!
We had some exciting entertainment today as the chicks started hatching. I checked them at 4am when I got up to use the bathroom and there was one little yellow chicks flopping around.
This morning there are 5 chicks, 2 little guineas and 3 chicks.

I got chores done in a damp mist.  While I was out I got the new brooder box fixed with shavings and food and water dishes.

I will probably keep them in the house a couple days just to make sure they get a good start before moving them to the new brooder box in the greenhouse.
Back inside daughter brought the girls over so she could work and a little later RL came up while her mom took Roscoe the beagle to the vet for his final set of shots.
Both girls watched the chicks as they continued to hatch.

 Addie came over to stay while her dad went to the doctor and ran some errands and the girls had a great time playing her.


D-in-love brought lunches in and the girls enjoyed the lunches and then continued to play well together.
Ben picked up Addie and then RL and IR went outside to have pop sickles before they left.
I needed to make a deposit of the Curb Market money and really didn't want to drive to town in the rain so d-in-love did that for me.
It is so nice to have the kids around to do things for us during these challenging times.
After everyone left hubbie and I watched the news to wait out a short shower of rain and then got evening chores done. I have one of my laying hens broody so I moved her into the biggest brooder box I have tonight to see if she will stay broody. If she does I will give her some eggs tomorrow evening. Typically I don't let these hens set because they won't stay on the eggs the entire time but I'll give her a chance and see what she does with a few eggs under her.

I walked down to the pasture to check on the guinea hen that is setting on a nest and walked over this hole in the ground where the tortoise was laying her eggs the other day. She had covered them all up down in the hole .
Hubbie and I had some of the fresh Kale greens I gathered yesterday for supper tonight with some of the left over roast beef.
Then we relaxed for the evening.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the wonderful grace of the Lord.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: