Saturday, May 30, 2020

CELEBRATING CA's FIRST BIRTHDAY

It was so good to see this sunshine through the window this morning.
Hubbie got out first and checked the chicks and came back in saying the thermometer said 108 inside their box, oh my !!
He unplugged the light bulb and I went up and removed the slanted plastic from their window and checked on them. They seemed to be fine and were moving around eating and acting normal with the temp now in the mid 90's.
During chores I heard loud peeping from another brooder box and was surprised to see these 4 chicks out on the feed tray alone and the hen was back on the remaining unhatched eggs.

I put the chicks back under her in the nest.

Next just as I was finishing up feeding I heard a commotion in the Silkie lot and saw that the big Auracana rooster from the back lot had flown over into the silkie lot. Why ???? !!!!
I had to net him to get him out of there. By the time I got back inside to have breakfast I was sweating.
Hubbie went out to get some task done that the rain had been causing him to put off.
I wrapped CA's present and got some little weiners in the crockpot with grape jelly and BBQ sauce over them for the party.
As i kept checking on the new chicks in the green house the temp started rising again and I got hubbie to help me set the brooder box outside under a shade tree with the temperature in the lower 80's they will be fine for the hottest part of the day.
We headed over to daughter's at about 1:45 to celebrate CA's first birthday.


This photo banner was interesting to look at how much sweet CA has changed and overcome.
She wasn't exactly sure what to do with this little cake that seemed to be all hers and finally did make a pretty good mess.

 RL and IR tried to show her what to do with the icing.




The kids all helped her open her presents and everyone had a great time.





This is the quilt I made for her.

We were the last ones to leave and IR wanted to come over for a while so her mom and dad said okay so they could have time to clean up everything.
She played in the trailer playhouse and swung in the hammock then helped with chores before settling down with some supper.
As I came through the back yard this evening I had to admire this Kousa Dogwood tree that is full bloom right now.
With all these blooms the birds should have an abundance of large berries to east on this fall.
After daughter picked up IR hubbie and I moved the brooder box back inside the green house and used a 60 watt bulb instead of the 100 watt tonight.
I think maybe the temp being a little low is better than the higher temp. They seem active and fine in the upper 80's temps on the outside today.
Thankful for all the wonderful blessings this day held and praying for the everyone that the covid virus is affecting.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

Looks like CA had a wonderful birthday party. She sure has come a long way. Happy First Birthday to her.