Monday, May 18, 2020

RAINY MONDAY

Woke to the sound of rain this morning. It is also cooler than it has been in several days.
I got on my rain gear for the first time I can remember to get out and get chores done.
As I walked by the garden you can almost see the vegetables growing. These green beans were the ones we covered with sheets and blankets a little over a week ago to keep them from freezing and frost and it looks like all our covering work paid off.
All the plants we planted in planters yesterday look like they are enjoying the rain and their bigger spaces.


It is a misty rainy morning but there is still beauty all around as the green gets deeper with each drop of moisture.
I came back inside and had breakfast of boiled eggs and grits before getting the weekly laundry started.
Daughter brought IR and CA in while she had a long meeting with her principle planning the virtual graduation.
D-in-love also had her Monday morning meeting with her school and brought RL up here at 11:00. IR and RL played well together all day.
I got 3 loads of laundry finished in between playing with the girls and doing some much needed paperwork.
After the girls left with the kids hubbie and I watched the early news. More rain is headed our way so we got out in the lighter rain and got chores done. I emptied .75 inches of rain from the gauge.
The red silkie hen is setting on all the guinea eggs still inside the silkie house. Still don't know how much damage she did with her flight yesterday but at least it was a warm day.
I collected 2 more guinea eggs from the nest down in the pasture today to hold on to until the incubator is available again in 7 or so days.
I need to start on the May decade pics and to begin with 1940, this is my Aunt's report card for that year. I think it is odd that my mother was the one who signed the report card each grading period.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying that we don't have any major storm damage overnight.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: