Saturday, May 2, 2020

FIREPIT BUILDING

Up to get chores done and have breakfast.
Hubbie and I drove over to a local cement plant where I used to get pots and steps from. I haven't been over there in years so we weren't even sure they were still open.
When we got there and pulled into their lot it was obvious they weren't open for business anymore with the unkept condition of the lot. But the steps I wanted were right beside were we pulled in at and there was a pole with a phone number on it. I called the number and Me. Jones answered and said he could come down and talk with me.
He said his wife had gotten sick and he had to stop the business but he would sell me anything I wanted if I could find it and load it and to just come by his house next door and pay when we were finished.
He left and hubbie and I looked all around the lot and found 16 stepping stones that we needed. We couldn't find all 16 of one design so we picked different designs that were the easiest to get to the truck. These stones are very heavy being 18x18 and about 1 1/2 inches thick of solid concrete.

We went by and paid for them and came home to begin our firepit patio.

We stopped and had a late lunch and #1 son who was working on d-in-love's car after the part came that caused it to overheat a couple weeks ago came up to help us finish. It turned out better than I thought it would with his help.
While they were going back and forth to the workshop sawing I cleaned out my Iris bed and found this white Iris which I don't even remember planting but it is really pretty.
We got chores done and then enjoyed a hotdog and smores supper with #1 son's family at our new firepit.


It was a very relaxing evening after a day of hard work.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

Love the fire pit patio. The view from it is fantastic. I'm sure you will have many happy times on it. Blessings.