Thursday, May 28, 2020

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CA

Up to another cloudy day. I got chores done and then came inside to have breakfast of eggs and grits.
We headed out to pick up RL and then went to daughter's to get her trash and recyclables and also picked up IR and CA. Daughter has to work at school today to print graduation programs to be handed out in their drive thru graduation ceremony next Friday.
We went by the post office first to mail bills, then to the dump / recycle center, then we stopped by a couple produce stands on the way home and the Dana Dollar General for more potting soil and some 60 watt light bulbs. I am afraid a 100 watt bulb like I always use is going to be too hot in the new brooder box with it in the green house so I thought I should have some 60 watts on hand.
We left there and headed home to pick up the kids lunches. We had lunch then they played for the cloudy misting rain afternoon inside.
Holding baby chicks was still the favorite activity of the day.




 Even CA wanted in on it but didn't know how to be very gentle yet !!!
While hubbie let CA nap in the living room I played with RL and IR in the playroom and then we took a short rest on our bed and the girls found some of my hats to try on in the mirror in our head board.



CA is one year old today and that doesn't even seem possible. I remember praying so hard when she was so sick that we would get to celebrate her first birthday and she would be healthy. Thanks to God because He answered all our prayers and this little bundle of joy is now a happy, healthy one year old.


 After the girls all left hubbie and I got chores done. I got the brooder box set up and turned the 60 watt light bulb on in the closed up box.
After checking it multiple times it didn't give off enough heat to raise the temperature to 95 so i changed to the 100 watt bulb.  It got it too hot , up to 105 quickly so I took the cover off the screened window in the side of the box and them temperature dropped to 93 so maybe that is what I will do at night and in the day time if the sun shines I probably won't need any extra heat.
Between going up to the greenhouse and back several times I worked on CA's quilt and got it finished except for finishing the embroidery on the back of who made it.
No pics until CA's party on Saturday.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for a special little blessing that God allowed us to have.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: