Thursday, May 21, 2020

PUDDLE JUMPING AND 1970

Up to no rain this morning thankfully. There was 1 inch in the gauge from overnight bring the total since Monday to 5.95 inches, whew that's alot of rain and our totals were low compared to many areas around us that got 11.5 inches in the same period.
Sadly the forecast is for more rainy days.
After chores hubbie and I loaded up all the trash and recyclables and picked up RL on the way to daughter's house. We got her garbage and recyclables and IR rode along also.
Thankfully d-in-love had packed them both snack breakfast and they ate every bite of it on the way to meet Ben the egg customer with his 4 dozen eggs.
Then we went to the dump / recycle center and then to a couple vegetable stands to get some fresh corn, potatoes and cucumbers.
Daughter met us at the vegetable stand and then went to school to pick up lunch for all the kids and we came home.
RL and IR helped get things inside and then they ate good lunches when daughter got here with the chicken rings and breadsticks.
I had some fresh salad from my salad pot that is replenishing well after the rain and the fresh cucumber was really delicious.
D-in-love and g-son came up for lunch and then the girls played while daughter and d-in-love worked online.
After the work was finished daughter gave hubbie a haircut while CA took a nap with d-in-love and I watched RL and IR play in a mud puddle below the house. They had a ball jumping and splashing.





The fun ended when daughter called for me to look at hubbie's hair and while I was inside the girls decided to sit in the mud puddle and got their clothes soaking wet.
I striped their wet clothes off and found something else to put on.
After everyone left hubbie and I watched the early news and then got chores done.
Hubbie worked on a new chick brooder box that we can put closer to the electrical outlet at the shed for when the incubator eggs hatch in about 5 days.
I got 3 more guinea eggs from the nest in the pasture and then marked the other older eggs with food coloring again.
I also gathered spinach to put in the freezer. This is another leafy green that I love to freeze and then just break off some to put in my eggs for breakfast or a smoothie.

To continue the decade pics of the month of May , back in 1970 I was finishing up my sophomore year of high school. I made straight A's in my last period of that year and only missed 1 day of school all year.



I also made most of my clothes back then on my mom's old petal sewing machine. I made this dress and loved showing it off . The car in the last picture was my mom and dad's old 1967 Corvair that they delivered the paper in for several years.


Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the old memories.
God Bless and Good Night






1 comment:

linda m said...

I do remember as a child having a blast playing in puddles and in the mud. Such fond memories. Have a good weekend.