Saturday, May 16, 2020

WORKDAY SATURDAY

Nothing pressing going on this morning and it felt good to coast through morning chores and breakfast.
After breakfast my first goal for the day was to get all the winterized plants out of the basement and into their summer homes.
As I looked around at them I realized that some of them were going to need replanting into bigger pots. Only having a few bags of potting soil left we decided to check out a local Dollar General that is usually not busy to pick up more soil. When we got there the store wasn't crowded at all and everyone there had mask on so we put our mask on and went in to pick up a few other things we were out of.
There were only a couple other customers in the store and they had mask on and were very respectful of spacing so that was a nice surprise after hearing what folks are saying other stores are like after the partial opening allowed by the Govenor this week.
We got everything and headed home feeling very safe after that store visit.
We grabbed a quick salad for lunch, after gathering ingredients from the garden which is so nice these days.
Hubbie and I spent the entire afternoon getting all the plants out of the basement, getting some of them repotted and also I got all the herb and flower plants that I have been collecting transplanted into pots around the house. By the time I finished it was choretime and then a little too dark for pictures so they will come later.
Hubbie and I also got the new solar lights put up under the covered patio so that they will get at least one day of sunshine to charge the battery before a week of rain sets in on Monday. I will get pics of them also.
With an aching back and very tired feet and knees it felt really good to get inside and get my feet up for a restful evening.
The first tropical storm of the season was named tonight for an early start to this hurricane season.
Arthur was named just as I started writing this blog tonight.
Arthur is predicted not to be a threat other than high surf and rip currents along the coast of  South and North Carolina. The system that is bring rain to us on Monday is expected to push the storm out to sea.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

My state just sort of opened up and we have to practice social distancing, wear masks, limited people inside, etc. Sure is good to get out and about tho. Blessings Stay safe and I hope the storm doesn't hit you.