Saturday, May 23, 2020

FIRST NO RAIN DAY MEANS OUTSIDE WORKDAY

Another different Saturday morning , but I am really beginning to enjoy these. I miss going to the market but I also enjoy the slow down right now in my life.
I got chores done and then had a leisurely breakfast . Hubbie and I spent the morning doing some house cleaning.
By the time we finished it was lunch time and the sun was gone behind some threatening storm clouds. We could hear thunder in the distance and the mountains on the other side of town weren't visible anymore from our front porch.
As we watched radar we were thankful that this rain storm passed to the south of us and the sun popped back out.
Hubbie got on the lawn mower and went up to work in the garden. As I walked around behind the garden fence to cut down some polk weeds that were growing I got my feet tangled in a rusty metal circle of wire and fell to the ground hard. As I layed there and evaluated my injuries and tried to decide how I was going to get up since my good knee was screaming in pain and blood was dripping from a couple pretty deep puncture wounds in my elbow on one of my arms I watched hubbie drive around the lawn on the mower and head out of sight. No use yelling for him, he couldn't hear me over the mower for sure. I rolled on to my knees and the pain brought tears to my eyes as I pulled myself upright using my hoe for a walking cane.
I hobbled to the house with blood dripping and wondering with each step if my knee was going to just buckle out from under me.
Thank goodness I made it inside and washed the blood off my arm and got a dressing on it to stop the bleeding.
I got the ice pack from the freezer and wrapped my good knee with it and layed down on the couch with it elevated.
Thankfully after a little while the pain subsided and I was able to move around.
After I started moving it seemed to feel much better and I decided I had better keep it moving so it wouldn't get stiff.
I went back up to the garden and picked up the circle of wire I fell over. By this time hubbie was back up and he or I have never seen this wire hoop before and have no idea what it is.

I got the weeding hoe and got the weeds knocked down between the rows of struggling vegetables.
I finished the weeding and fed some bigger pulled up weeds to the chickens which they greatly appreciated .
Speaking of chickens I took the egg turner out of the incubator today as this is day 3 until hatch time begins. No peeps yet but hopefully soon.
We  got chores done and then decided to have camp fire hot dogs for supper.  It is a beautiful evening warm and no wind or rain.
 These are some of the uncured hot dogs from Hickory Nut Farms and they were delicious cooked this way. We thought we would have left overs but we ate them all !!!
After hubbie went inside I had another fire watcher keeping me company.
I am very sore on both my keens and my left arm so who knows how I will feel in the morning.
#1 son's family joined d-in-love's mom and boyfriend at  lake Marion, 3 hours away where boyfriend keeps his boat.
#1 son was hoping to catch some fish.
 It was hot there at almost 90 degrees so the kids liked playing in the cold water.
 RL is her dad's fishing buddy for sure.
 His one and only fish was a nice large catfish.
They are driving home tonight.
Thankful for traveling mercies for them on this long driving day.
Thankful for not getting badly hurt when I fell and thankful that God was as always blessing me with showers of undeserved blessings throughout the day.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: