Sunday, May 17, 2020

WONDERFUL SUNDAY

A partly cloudy sky this morning is keeping temperatures down some and it feels so good outside but the sun is winning the battle pretty quickly.
 As I brushed my hair this morning it is crazy how long my hair has grown since my beautician has been closed down.

I got chores done and had something happen that has never happened before . The red silkie that has been peacefully setting on the guinea eggs flew straight off her nest and out the door of her box as soon as i opened it to give her fresh water and feed. I was surprised because she is one of my best setters and mamas. I left the door open to the box thinking she might fly back in while I finished with all the other chickens. I checked back and didn't see her in the silkie lot so I had hopes that she did fly back in her box but instead she was setting in a nest in the silkie house. I moved the nest box with the guinea eggs in it inside the silkie house and she settled right down on them. With guinea eggs taking 28 days to hatch I have plenty of time to decide what to do with her.
I came inside and had a cup of coffee and then went back to the garden and gathered fresh lettuce and onions for another round of wilted lettuce.
I came back inside and listened to the Sunday sermon by Don Wilton while I fixed lunch. We had mac and cheese and ham casserole, green beans, corn, biscuits and sweet tea to go with the wilted lettuce.
I was outside on the grill frying the bacon when daughter's family arrived. #1 son's family and Aa's family also joined us for lunch.
Everyone had a nice visit and then we all went outside to the covered patio to have the last of the watermelon that we bought last week.
Aa's family left to go home and get naps and daughter, d-in-love and CA went to run a couple errands, #1 son and son-in-love went home and RL and IR stayed with hubbie and I to play.
They swung on the swing and then played in their trailer playhouse for a long time.






While they played hubbie and I did some weeding in our blackberry patch and asparagus patch.  Hot sunshine this afternoon brought out the popsicles.



When they wanted to move back to the swings and covered patio so we came down and they played awhile then wanted to rest in the hammock with me and have another another popsicle.



They have played to well together this afternoon they have been a joy to watch. I hope they will always love one another.
After their moms got home they all left and hubbie and I tackled our "get ready for a rainy week" to do list.
We set out the all our plants except for a couple peppers plants that we will probably need to replace some that don't look so good. This is the first time my sunroom doesn't have plants on all these tables since the first of April.

We reseeded some in the garden where things didn't come up. As I was re-digging the rows I found several sprouted seeds that just couldn't push through the hard crusted dry earth. I think if we had gotten some rain along since they were planted even with the cold days everything would have come up.
We also carried all the glass covers that we used on the raised beds in the cold nights back in the barn and stored them in the dry until we need them again.
Lastly I picked up all the toys and chairs and put things in the dry. I also tested my solar lights that we put up last night and they work perfectly and put off just the right amount of lighting under the covered patio.
We came inside and put away some laundry and got clothes out for the week before crashing to rest my aching feet and legs.
Tropical storm Arthur is going to cause problems for our coastline before he heads out to sea.
Thankful for a wonderful Sunday and a gracious loving Savior Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

What a wonderful Sunday you had. God has blessed you.