Tuesday, May 5, 2020

ALWAYS AFTER THE RAIN THE SUN APPEARS

An overnight drizzle left almost 1/4 inch of rain in the gauge this morning as I went out to get chores done under a cloudy sky that looked like it might rain again any minute.
Hubbie went over to daughter's house early to help move a storage shed from her neighbor's yard to hers that she had bought.
He brought IR back with him to stay with us while daughter took CA to the doctor. She is cutting some back molars and we think she may have an ear infection by the way she is acting. Poor thing didn't have an ear infection so she will just have to suffer through and hope her ears don't get infected like they usually do when she cuts multiple teeth. Going to the doctor these days is an adventure !!
 Daughter was impressed that she didn't fight this mask and left it on the entire time they were at the doctor.
I had a list of things to get done this morning so hubbie played with IR while I got my plants all watered and I had to spray the pepper plants again for the aphids .
I also did a couple loads of furniture cover laundry and got all my Easter decorations put up into the attic out of our bedroom floor.
On the news cast at noon they were talking about the 3 earthquakes in our county in the last couple days. We didn't feel any shaking here from these.
Daughter picked up IR after lunch and hubbie went to work in his shop and went outside to work on cleaning up around my sewing shop and getting some plants re-potted out of broken pots.
I looked around at all the beautiful blooms and said a prayer that the temps won't get as low as they are predicting this weekend to kill all this beauty.
This old climbing rose is just showing off this year and I will cover it to hopefully save these beautiful blooms.
These two different roses are just starting to put out their blooms this year but there is so many buds on them I will try to cover them also.

The Iris are all showing off and they are on these long stems so covering them is not an option sadly.

I have been adding these sage flowers to salads and they are delicious.
I will harvest them before the cold temps and dry them for using this winter for added flavorings.
As I went out the back door this morning with IR she asked what that smell was and I went back to smell what she was talking about. It took me several minutes to locate the source of the pretty pungent smell. Years ago when I went to a lady's house to purchase some plants she had advertised she gave me some of what she called voodoo lilies. I threw them down just outside my door and over the years they have gotten partly covered up and stomped multiple times during the construction of the sunroom but they have endured as if very determined to survive. My voodoo lilies have never bloomed the typical stinky  blooms that I found when I looked them up on the internet but this morning this long colorful long leaf was covered with flies and I knew that it was the source of the smell since the smell these lilies produce is that of rotting flesh so that flies and other insects will be attracted to pollinate them so I imagine my lilies are going to have their first blooms this season.
That is if the cold temps this weekend don't put an end to that.
Hubbie and I were both ran inside around 4:00 by the dark clouds, thunder and lightening that signaled storms were coming our way.
As we sat inside and watched the storm clouds pass south of us we thanked the Lord for sparing us the hail and wind some areas received from these storms. We only got another .2 inch of rain.
We waited until the thunder and lightening was far away before heading out to get chores done.
These storms left a beautiful sunset this evening that brought to mind this Walt Disney quote.
This is perfect for the times we are experiencing right now as the state prepares to start re-opening some business even with the covid death rate still climbing at a scary rate even with all the closures.
Thankful that I have a merciful loving Lord that I know holds my future.
God Bless and Good Night






1 comment:

linda m said...

Your yard looks so pretty with all the flowers. Can't wait for flowers to start blooming here. That sure is a pretty sunset.