Monday, July 27, 2020

ANOTHER GREEN BEAN MONDAY

Up to welcome RL this morning. This is the last week of her mom's 2 day only work week. She starts full time next week.
I got chores done and found an injured hen. I had caught the hen that runs loose around the garden with the red rooster last night and put her in the camper cover tractor with the 3 hens and rooster that is in there. Since I just added a hen to that group a couple weeks ago I thought things would be fine to add this one also. I was wrong , evidently the residence of this tractor did not like this little hen at all and pecked a bloody hole in her back. I found her crouched in a corner of the lot trying to hide from the other hens and rooster.
We got her all doctored up and I put her in the empty condo box I had taken the silkie hen and 6 chicks out of to let her heal without any more damage. RL thought a coyote might have gotten to her last night. She kept petting her and talking to her while I put medicine on her.
I came back inside and had breakfast then gathered weekly laundry and got a loaf started .
Hubbie took RL outside with him to do some gardening before it gets too hot.
I got started on all these green beans.
I spent the entire day between canning in the kitchen and running up and down the stairs to get three loads of laundry done.
By 7:30 tonight I had 37 quarts of green beans and 5 quarts of zuchinni ready for the pantry shelves, whew !!!


Got some bad news tonight. This evening as hubbie's brother and sis-in-law Sandy, who I had just talked to earlier today, were on their way to one of their grandson's little league games and were t-boned by a driver who ran a red light. Bro-in-law seems to be okay but sis-in-law is still in the hospital tonight with a broken sternum and having test done on her heart . We are praying hard for her as I write this.
From the looks of her little car I can't believe they didn't get hurt worse than they did, God must have been watching out for them. They were in her Toyota Scion and were hit by a full sized pick-up truck.
I ended the night making 3 caramel cakes for a friend .
Whew , what a day and my back and legs are telling me how long I have been standing today.
Thankful for the blessing of health that allows me to work like I did today and praying hard tonight for sis-in-law Sandy.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Saying a prayer for your brother-in-law and sister-in-law for God's healing. Wow, your sure were a busy beaver yesterday with all those newly canned jars of beans and zucchini.