Thursday, July 9, 2020

CANNING HOT MUSTARD SAUCE

Up to get chores done and then grab a cup of coffee.
We headed down to pick up RL, IR and CA for our weekly dump / recycle center trip and any other errands we have. Today we only had to go by the PO on the way to the dump and to Fletcher Feed for more chick starter.
D-in-love always packs them a snack bag and they get to enjoy eating along with singing and site seeing along the way. It is fun to listen to their conversation and they sing together alot. Today they were playing knock knock jokes and hubbie and I laughed so hard because neither of the girls understood how to play this but they had fun trying.
We made it home for lunch of spaghetti and then daughter came to pick up RL and IR to go swimming down at d-in-loves pool with Addie.
Hubbie, CA and I stayed here as CA needed a nap and the clouds looked like they might drop rain any minute.
While hubbie rocked CA I went up to the garden and pulled weeds to give the hens and silkies a nce green treat for the day.
I got ran back inside by a shower of rain but it didn't last long.
CA was a sleep so I sat in the loving room with her while hubbie got out a couple old head boards daughter is going to take to her house.
All the girls came up here when Kristen came after Addie.
After they all left hubbie and I waited out another short rain shower before we got chores done.
I came inside and got these hot banana peppers ready to chop. In the heavy rain storm day before yesterday three of my these plants blew over. Hubbie rescued these peppers and staked the plants back up hopefully saving them.

I had to third my recipe for hot mustard sauce in cut it down to the small number of peppers I have but I still got 5 jars of hot mustard for the pantry.


We really like this mustard sauce and we have been out of it for a while since my peppers didn't do well at all last year.
The rain storm that passed through our area on Tuesday is now the "F" tropical storm that will move up the east coast.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: