Friday, July 3, 2020

THANKFUL FOR A LITTLE RAIN TODAY

The sun is back this morning after several cloudy muggy mornings this week.
I got chores done and thankfully this girl settled on the guinea eggs overnight and was very protective this morning.
After chores I had breakfast and then started icing the 12 caramel cakes I made last night.
After I finished icing we had lunch and then we cleaned house until daughter called and ask us to go over to her neighbor's pool to help with the girls.
CA loved having Addie to play with today as she floated around in her new floatie.

And IR is amazing us all at the advances she is making this year and kicking her feet to propel her all around the pool and even in the deeper water where she couldn't touch the bottom she was still kicking and smiling.




Kristen came in and stayed to let Addie swim longer so hubbie and I could leave to get home and get the 7 cakes loaded that we needed to deliver.
After the cakes were picked up we came home and thankfully we got a rain shower of about 2/10ths inch. Which isn't much but after an upper 80's sunny day it was certainly a welcome relief to the plants and garden. We were planning to start watering tonight so at least that can be delayed.
We got chores done and then I moved the just hatched chicks out to the porch brooder box when the thermometer I ordered came in the mail today so I can see the temp better in the box.
Hubbie and I sat in the covered patio and watched a colorful sunset tonight.
We also watched the "Buck" full moon rise through the clouds .
We didn't get to see RL today as she was with her mom at her other g-ma's house but before she left a friend of daughter's came over and gave RL a nice haircut. I think she will like it much better than the long hair she had.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and thankful for the freedom we get to celebrate tomorrow.
God Bless, Good Night and Happy Independence day







1 comment:

linda m said...

Boy, on these very hot and humid days I sure wish I had access to a pool. So happy the girls are having a good time.