Monday, July 20, 2020

BERRY PICKING MONDAY

Up to greet RL and get another week started. It is another cloudy muggy hot morning as I head out to get chores done.

I came inside and had breakfast with RL, she had scrambled eggs and I had oatmeal with some fresh berries again today.
After we ate all 3 of us headed back out into the heat of the morning to pick blueberries and blackberries. Hubbie picked blueberries and RL and I tackled the blackberries. I had to go put on my rubber boots to wade through the poison ivy that is trying to grow under the vines. RL is a good photographer !!!

Lots of berries are ripening quickly and I put a baking sheet of both in the freezer and had a bowl of each to put in the frig for eating.

After berry picking I picked these colorful beans.

The purple ones we will have for lunch and the yellow pods I will shell for dried beans. I washed out my bean drying screen and set it out to dry but before I remembered to bring it inside it rained on it so I will wait until it gets dry before I shell any beans.
I got laundry started and finished 3 loads of weekly laundry throughout the day while dealing with RL in between. She has to be entertained when IR isn't around to play with.
Daughter is working at home today so they won't be coming over today.
We ate lunch then RL settled in with hubbie to watch some TV and watch it rain. Thunder and lightening stayed in the distance thankfully and we only got 1/4 inch of rain.
We listened in on the school board meeting on youtube this afternoon and heard them make the decision to start school off as all virtual until our covid case count starts going down.
It is a hard decision but I think it is the right one with so much sickness in our county right now and no real way to keep kids safe at achool.
Daughter is relieved to know she won't get exposed each day to all the kids in school.
Hubbie and I worked this evening and got the new chicken tractor and lot set up to move the older hens into.

We got the hens and rooster moved into it and hopefully they will like it here for a couple more months until they are sold.
We came inside and rested for the evening.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: