Friday, July 17, 2020

LAST RUN OF DILLY BEANS FOR THE SEASON

The sun is back today and already heating things up at chore time.
We got chores done and had time to eat a good breakfast today before heading out to deliver cakes this morning and she's looking pretty proud and protective.
I did check in on the hatching chicks and discovered that she had a 100% hatch with 6 little chicks under her this morning.

After I got the cakes delivered hubbie and I met d-in-love and daughter and the kids at the neighbor's yard sale again this weekend.
Hubbie found didn't come with us last week so he found  a lot of things he wanted today. He got 3 rolls of wire and 4 12 foot long pieces of tin and some other things. I only found a few things and daughter and d-in-love also found a few things from the new stuff they had added this week.
We had to come home and get the truck to haul all hubbie's treasures home.
We parked the truck in the barn and got back in my Honda to go to Dollar General to pick up some things for lunch on Sunday. There wasn't anyone at the store when we were there , that's why we love going to this particular store.
We came home and had salad for lunch. The coach and his wife came to our house to pick up their cake and we had a nice visit.
After they left hubbie and I spent the afternoon doing house cleaning. Just as we finished and I was mopping us out into the sunroom a thunder storm hit with high winds and close lightening. We only got 2/10ths inch of rain from it and I guess we should be glad as some neighbor's just up the road had wind damage and some apple farmers not far from us got quarter size hail.
We waited out the storm watching from the sunroom.
After the thunder and lightening stopped I started the dilly beans that were on my to do list today.
Hubbie went up and picked enough hot peppers from the garden for a jar of hot peppers also.
I ended up with 9 more jars of dilly beans and 1 hot peppers.
That's the end of the dilly beans with a total of 27 jars for the season which is really great.
I finished canning just as daughter's family came by for some fresh eggs and to pick up a package that came for her.
I had some good help with chores tonight while daughter picked blueberries and yellow squash to take home.
After they left hubbie and I settled in for a restful evening.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for our safety and health as this virus keeps getting worse and affecting more and more folks.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: