Saturday, July 11, 2020

FARMERS MARKET VISIT AND GARDENING CATCH UP

Up early again to get chores done before daughter arrives to pick me up. We are going into town to check out the new Hendersonville farmers market at the old train depot. Hubbie is keeping IR and CA here. CA loves moving these magnets around.


I was impressed with the spacing of the booths and that everyone was required to wear mask so we felt safe shopping outside here.

More and more folks are realizing that face mask do help stop the spread of any disease. 

We bought some herb plants, peaches, green onions,tomatoes, fresh frozen chicken, fresh pork sausage and bacon, fresh baked bread and pretzels and daughter even got some scallops to try from the seafood vendor.

We left there and headed up on the mountain to our friends blackberry farm. They sell already picked or u-pick berries and today we bought a gallon on already picked berries with all our frozen and fresh meat products in the car. Their farm is beautifully located on a big hill and they had a lot a u-pickers today.



 We came home and daughter picked the girls up and headed home.
Hubbie went out to get calcium sprayed on our tomatoes, he dissolves Tums tablets in water to spray on them.
I planted my new sage plant I bought and a couple new basil plants that hopefully will replace the ones that got the powdery mildew and had to be destroyed.
I made a cake delivery at 2:00 and then came home to work in the garden and pick green beans.



I picked a bushel of half runners for canning and some bush beans and purple pods for eating.

I also weeded the okra row and hubbie came in with his new invention that allows him to easily get up and down on his knees and helped get the tomatoes weeded.


I forgot to take a July 1st garden photo so I took these this evening.
 Cabbage, yellow squash, lettuce, dragon tongue bush beans, tenderette bush beans.
Tomatoes....
Peppers, half runner beans....
 Cucumbers, yellow, zuchinni and spaghetti squash, kale, potatoes.
Hubbie also put up white fly traps in hopes that these little pest could be controlled by these boards with tangle foot on them.

We are eating green beans, yellow and zuchini squash, cucumbers,lettuce,potatoes and kale .
And still getting carrots and some lettuce form out raised beds.
This has so far been a great garden even with the dry days that worried us things somehow managed to keep growing.
After we finished catching up the garden work we came inside and hubbie put some hamburgers on the grill and potatoes in the oven for supper.
I sat down to rest and got really dizzy then realized I was getting a vision fissure migraine so I got an ice pack from the freezer and heated a hot pack in the microwave and went a layed down on the bed.
I put the ice pack over my eyes and then replaced it with the hot pack and put the ice pack on the back of my neck. I closed my eyes and relaxed and slowly watched the vision fissure lift from my line of vision. If I catch the migraine early enough this usually only takes about 20 minutes and I'm back to my regular activities.
I think the reason for the migraine was I hadn't eaten very much at all today and then went up and got really hot picking beans.
Anyway I very thankful to God I was able to get over it once again quickly.
I got up and ate supper and then got chores done.
After chores I helped hubbie saw a limb from a tree in front of the covered patio that was blocking our view. We got that one sawed off and then hubbie was trying to saw another smaller one off by himself and the saw blade broke and flew back and hit him. Thankfully he was okay and only had to lay down for a few minutes while the pain eased off.
We took it easy the rest of the evening.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: