Monday, July 13, 2020

GREEN BEAN MONDAY

Monday morning broke clear and sunny after the stormy rains of last night.

The air always feels so much fresher and everything looks bright and clear this morning as I get chores done.
RL arrived early so her mom could get to work.
When i finished chores I had oatmeal with the last of my fresh blackberries for breakfast. RL had scrambled eggs and toast.
I got laundry started and then gathered all my canning tools. I have 3 large bowls of green beans to can today.
Hubbie took RL outside and then daughter came in with IR, Addie and CA. She helped me get the pressure canner down and and get things set up then she had a meeting online to attend.
I actually spent all day between the kitchen and the basement laundry room today. I canned 3 runs in the canner for a total of 21 quarts of the half runner beans I picked Saturday.





 I finished the last run of beans at 5:00 and the last load of laundry about 6:00.
Meanwhile daughter fed all the kids lunch of bagel bites she brought over then took the 3 bigger girls down to d-in-love's to swim and hubbie put CA down for a nap.
When CA woke up they all came back up her and Kristen came in and gave hubbie a haircut before she left.
Kristen found out last week she is expecting another baby. Addie is tickled pink to be getting a little brother or sister coming in February. Congrats to that family.
D-in-love came in from work and they all had a nice visit and let the kids play some more.
After they left hubbie and I ate some leftovers for supper then got chores done.
We trimmer some of the shady eastern Cottonwood tree that grows above my chicken houses. I love the shade that it provides but we have to keep an eye on its growth because it is under the power lines. We did some trimming tonight of some of the tall shoots that were getting close to the lines. These leaves are huge this year.

We came inside for the evening and relaxed to get ready for an eventful day tomorrow. Please say a special prayer for IR as she has to be at the dental surgeon's office at 6:45 in the morning to have an hour of dental work done including pulling one of her molars. She will be under conscious sedation for the procedures which will take about an hour.
Also g-son has to the dentist and for a consultation for braces on his teeth tomorrow.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day and praying for IR and G-son as they under go some serious dental work and decisions.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Prayers sent for IR.