Tuesday, July 28, 2020

BUSY TUESDAY

Up to another sunny hot morning to get chores done and have breakfast before starting on my to do list for today.
First hubbie helped me get all the canned beans and squash carried downstairs and added to our pantry shelves.
Then I iced the 3 caramel cakes I made last night.
Next up was taking the bones and discard from the chicken we cooked Sunday out of the refrigerator and adding carrots, onions, and celery plus seasonings in the crock pot to make some delicious chicken broth.
Then I headed outside to help hubbie put a cover on the old guinea house. I have tried everyhting to keep this lot dry including recently hauling buckets filled with pine needles from the woods to cover the mud before I took the last pullets out of there.
We made the lot more sturdy and removed the netting from the top of it and added a large piece of a plastic sign to cover the entire lot. This will also hopefully help keep the door from warping anymore setting open out in the rain.
We came inside to have a late lunch and then delivered 2 of the cakes.
We came home and I did a load of laundry of an old quilt and pillow cases I had found at a sale .
While I was downstairs I bottled the herbs that I have been drying and gathered more fresh herbs to dry.
I bottled sage, oregano, peppermint, spearmint, mint julep and stevia leaves. I gathered more peppermint, spearmint, mint julep and Stevia and added some basil and mountain mint to continue my herb supply for the season.
We watched the early news while a light rain shower came through out area.
We got chores done and then d-in-love came up to help with some cup cake decorations for the friends wedding I am helping out with this weekend. They turned out pretty good I think.
These are in the freezer waiting to be added to the cupcakes when we get them made and iced.
Hubbie and I went in halves with Deb, g-son's other g-ma and we all bought him this new bass guitar he picked out and he was a very happy boy today.
Thanfully sis-in-law Sandy is home and only nursing a broken sternum today. After having the wreck yesterday that totaled her car . We are all thanking the good Lord that she wasn't hurt badly or killed.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for protecting Sandy .
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

So happy to hear that Sandy is home and on the mend. Praise the Lord.