Sunday, July 26, 2020

GREEN BEAN BREAKING SUNDAY

A lazy Sunday morning for us as we bring this week to a close. I got chores done and had a leisurely breakfast before we started getting food ready for lunch.
We had cooked the rooster we harvested several days ago in the crockpot all night and I added Jasmine rice this morning.
We also cut a cabbage from the garden for boiled cabbage, fixed some of the green beans we picked yesterday, had some cucumber salad from vegetables from the garden, glazed some of the carrots I harvest this week and had some corn from last years harvest. When I looked down at my plate I felt proud that all the food on it except the rice came from right here on our farm.
After lunch the kids had ice cream cones and played outside until they got hot and wanted to go to Aa's house and play in the pool so they all left.
Hubbie and I got set up in the covered patio and started breaking green beans.
 We broke beans all afternoon and d-in-love came up after their swimming and helped with the last basket of beans.

That's a lot of beans to can tomorrow for sure !!!
Hubbie and I got evening chores done and I discovered that the red silkie hen sitting on eggs that were scheduled to start hatching on Wednesday of this week were already beginning to hatch today with at least one chick already out of it's shell this evening. I took this pic yesterday to include it in a chick update today but now I will wait for the update to see how many chicks she hatches.
Hubbie and I spent a relaxing evening gearing up for a crazy busy week .
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for a wonderful, gracious Savior in Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: