Friday, July 24, 2020

CARROTS

Up to get another cloudy muggy day started. I got chores done and then came in for breakfast.  As I walked by the garden I noticed all these leaves were outlined in rain droplets still from last night's rain. The picture didn't pick up the sparkle that was shining off the droplets. This put a smile on my face to start the day as I thought what a wonderful God we serve ,who puts these little beautiful images out there for us every day and I silently said a prayer that we will all be able to notice the beautiful things surrounding us each day if we only take time to notice.

We were going to pick up all the girls to take them with us to the feed store but plans for both families changed this morning so we are going to pick up feed by ourselves and then getting the girls right after lunch.
We picked up chicken feed and some fall garden seeds while we were there also. I am usually sitting in the car with the girls so I got the seeds while I was inside today. I like this feed store as they will not let anyone in without a mask on.
We came home and unloaded the feed and then I decided to harvest all my carrots before the rain begins as the clouds now looked pretty threatening already.
I brought them inside and washed and cut off all the tops and put them in the frig for additions to meals. Some of them are small and I know I should have thinned them for bigger carrots but these little ones are so tasty and sweet.
Daughter had a test that started at 1:00 so hubbie went over and picked up the girls and picked up RL to come and play for the afternoon also.
We had lunch then settled in for another rainy afternoon of inside play time. The bigger girls colored while CA was napping and when she woke up she had to have her time at the table with the coloring books (minus the crayons!)

Daughter passed the test at 1:00 and the one at 3:00 so she is done and has earned her recertification.
I made a cake delivery at 4:00 and then came home to meet a guinea buyer. Daughter helped me catch 5 of the 6 week old guineas for them and they left happy. I only have 2 of this group left for sale now.
Then they all left and hubbie went up to his shop to work on the lawn mower while I got chores done and cleaned out the old guinea house where the older pullets that I moved yesterday have been staying. I also raked up pine needles from the woods to cover the muddy lot.
Daughter and the girls stopped back by with some baking supplies I need and IR found some google eyes.
Hubbie and I relaxed for the evening.
2020 hurricane season is getting a really early start as there are two named storms now and an area being closely watched.


It rained very lightly all afternoon today leaving only 2/10ths inch in the gauge. We surely needed a day with only light rain .
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night