Saturday, July 25, 2020

GREEN BEAN AND BERRY PICKING DAY

Saturday mornings are usually pretty laid back around here but this morning I have an agenda to get finished before the storms start this afternoon.
I got chores done and then had breakfast.
Then it was back into the hot muggy morning to pick half runner green beans.
We were planning on picking these last Thursday but it rained and every evening since then so we had to get out in the heat of the sun and get the job done this morning. D-in-love thankfully came up to help so that made the job quicker. We picked almost double what we picked the first time around.

 I don't think I have ever saw bean vines so loaded with beans and we are thankful for the bountiful harvest.
After we picked we carried everything inside , RL had some cucumbers and squash in her basket.
We grabbed a quick lunch and d-in-love went home to do her housework while hubbie and I headed back outside to get the blueberries and blackberries picked before the rain got here from the storm that is already brewing.
Just after we came inside the rain started and the thunder and lightening got pretty close but thankfully we only got 1/4" of rain from a slow steady rainfall that last quite a while.
While it rained I put away laundry and cleaned house.
For a mid afternoon snack I cooked some of the blackberries and put them over one of the English muffins daughter made and it really hit the spot.
I also put 2 pans of blackberries in the freezer to be bagged . I plan on making a blueberry cobbler tomorrow for lunch and then I will freeze some of them and save some for my oatmeal toppings this week.
We got chores done and then finished the evening making the remaining little favor boxes for my friends wedding next weekend.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for family that is willing to jump in and help even in not so comfortable times.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: