Sunday, July 19, 2020

RESTFUL SUNDAY

Up to get chores done on another hot sunny, muggy morning. After chores I picked some ripe blackberries to go in my oatmeal this morning.
I need to do some berry picking of both black and blue berries tomorrow.
Hubbie and I fixed spaghetti, cucumber salad, Texas toast and fried squash for lunch today with sweet tea to drink.
Everyone made it to lunch today except daughter's family who had to run an errand in Asheville but daughter and the girls came late and ate.
The kids played together and the adults had a nice visit .
Clouds boiled up and we had a shower of rain with distant thunder but there was only a trace of water in the rain gauge from the shower.
Everyone but daughter and the girls left and IR crawled up in my lap and went to sleep so I got a nice rest on this cloudy Sunday afternoon.
Daughter had to wake IR up to get her home around 4:30. Poor thing this is strange for her to take a nap and we think maybe her teeth are still bothering her.
Hubbie and I watched the news then went out to get chores done. It has stayed cloudy all afternoon but the air is so thick with humidity I sweated just walking around.
I got the brooder box that I took the one chick and hen out of yesterday cleaned out and sprayed with insecticide. The little lone chick has fit right in with all the incubator chicks in the biggest brooder box and acts like she has been with them all along.
I checked on my half runner beans and decided they may need even another week to get the pods full enough to pick. The vines are hanging full of beans again for a second picking thankfully.
Hubbie and I rested out in the covered patio for a little while tonight before the heat ran us back into the air conditioning.
We made more wedding favor boxes for my friend tonight and then relaxed for the evening.
Thankful for the blessings of the day .
God Bless and Good Night