Friday, July 31, 2020

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

Another beautiful sunny hot morning to end July and to mark my 66th birthday.
I had forgotten completely that today was my birthday until I received an early morning serenade from IR of Happy Birthday .
As I did chores I admired these late summer blooms of the Crepe Myrtles in the yard.
I also couldn't help but marvel at how green everything is this time of year. Some years by the end of July things are starting to loose their green.
I had oatmeal and fresh blueberries for breakfast before heading back out into the heat of the morning to pick the Panda beans in the garden. I only had a few of these seeds to plant but they have done really well and I am anxious to see how they taste dried.
 Hopefully they taste as good as they are pretty with their black and white markings.
I spread them out on this large screen in the sunroom to dry.
 I also picked these purple beans for our lunch.
After lunch I changed out our bed covers and started a load of laundry.
Then I was surprised by this little sweetie with who brought me a strawberry cheesecake milkshake from Cookout for my birthday.

Her and d-in-love drove up to Jump Off Rock while they waited on g-son to swim with a friend today.
The milkshake really hit the spot on a hot day and was so yummy !!
After they left I iced the rest of the cupcakes for my friend's wedding and got them all in the frig.
I talked to sis-in-law Sandy and she said she was really sore but was thankful for only a broken sternum.
I caught up on some little jobs around the house this afternoon until the skies started to grow dark and we hurried through chores a little early to beat the storm.
The worst of the storm went below us thankfully and we only got a pretty steady rain along with a thunder and lightening show.
While the storm went on I went through pics for decade pics and finally got them to download onto my computer so I will have to back date them and add them to the past couple months.
This has been a restful evening and I am very thankful for the blessings of this day and very grateful to God for allowing me these 66 years of undeserved blessing filled days.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Happy Birthday. Hope you had a wonderful day.