Thursday, July 16, 2020

CUTTING MONEY PLANT AND PICKING GREEN BEANS

Woke to a cloudy morning but it isn't feeling any cooler even with the clouds.

I got chores done and then grabbed a to go cup of coffee and some crackers for breakfast to eat on the way to daughter's to pick up her trash and recyclables. D-in-love is meeting us at daughter with RL this morning as she wants to start recycling and taking her trash to the center . So she is going to follow us to see where to go and how to do it.
RL rode with us with IR and CA and ate the snacks d-in-love prepared for them on the way.
First stop was the dump / recycle center and hubbie went over things with d-in-love while I sat in the truck with the girls.
From the dump d-in-love went to run some errands and hubbie , the girls and I went to meet an egg customer and then to a local fruit stand for some cantelope and watermelon.
We came home and had spaghetti for lunch with cantelope for dessert to the delight of all three girls.
Daughter and d-in-love came to pick the girls up and go home for naps.
Hubbie went to the work shop and I cut all the money plant that is growing in the front yard in front of the porch. The early purple flowers are really pretty and the greenery is okay but when the "money" starts to dry out it gets pretty ugly.
 After I cut all of it I scattered some seed for next year. After a couple rains these will be invisible.
 I finished with 6 nice bunches of  "money" to dry and I hung them in the old toy shed behind my sewing shop.
It is very hot and muggy this afternoon. The clouds of this morning didn't last long and the air is so humid you can almost feel the moisture.
After I finished this project I headed to the garden. Hubbie was in there tying up some tall tomato vines.
I pulled up all the bush beans and picked the beans off them for the third time this year. There was still a few blooms but not enough to figure I would get many more beans from these plants. I ended up with a good amount of beans for another run of dilly beans.
As I did chores and walked by the condo setters I thought I heard a peep and sure enough these 2 little heads popped out from mom's feathers as I peeked in. Saturday will be 21 days for these guys but the heat probably sped them up and made them want to get out of the eggs early.

We came inside after chores and I went straight to the kitchen and started baking a couple cakes for some customers.
I baked a chocolate pound cake for daughter's high school basketball coach and a chocolate layer cake for another friend that runs a summer camp that isn't opening this year.
I finished icing too late to write a blog last night so I am catching up a day late.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: