Monday, July 6, 2020

PICKING GREEN BEANS AND PLAYTIME AFTERNOON

Monday morning once again and this one looks like it might be a stormy one with the sun and clouds in a raging battle this morning.
I got chores done and the chicks in the new chicken tractor are so happy running around in the grass they are fun to watch.

I came inside and had breakfast. RL isn't coming today since d-in-love has the day off for the holiday.
She will come tomorrow instead.
Hubbie went up to his shop to try and get some row cover supports made for the raised beds so we can plant vegetables later this year.
I got weekly laundry started and then headed up to the garden. I picked the bush beans again for dilly beans. I got out my little rolling seat and it made picking these low beans much easier.


 I also picked the purple pod beans for us to eat and I picked a mess of the Dragon Tongue beans to try. They are more of a dried bean but can be eaten as green beans.
I also picked the last couple "Little Gem" lettuce bunches, these had lasted through the heat and are still so tender and tasty.
  I still have some Jericho lettuce that has made it this far tender and tasty also.
I washed and broke the ends off the Dragon Tongue beans and put them in the pressure pot for lunch.
 They lost their red stripes but stayed yellow and were tender and had a different taste to them, flavored almost like a dry bean.
 This was my lunch today , all straight from the garden except the tomato and cheese on the salad, yum.
After we ate we walked down to d-in-love's to help with all the kids. Re worked at the hospital last night and her kids were there plus daughter brought IR and CA over to play.











Re came to pick up EL and BB and hubbie and I came home in a light shower of rain that didn't leave even a trace in the gauge.
We watched the early news and I did more laundry.
We got chores done and then I had to help most of the new chicks find their way into the upper house so I could shut them up for the night and then hubbie helped me move it to new grass for tomorrow. I is amazing how much they have eaten of the grass in just one day. We will need to move the tractor each day to keep them from killing the grass in each spot.
We came inside and I tried to find a way to get pics down loaded onto here once more and finally managed to get it done  for the last 3 days.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and thankful that I can put all my worried and cares in God's hands and relax because I know He knows the future and holds my future in His hands.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: