Saturday, May 22, 2021

BUSY SATURDAY

 Got up this Saturday morning to face a busy day. Daughter called to see if I wanted to go to the market on Depot street with her but I have too much on my plate today to go anywhere.  I got chores done and then had breakfast. First on my to do list today was getting the new chicken tractor out of storage and set up for the incubator chicks . They have totally outgrown this box that has served them well through the cold spells of this spring but it is time to move on out now with the hot weather just around the corner.

They will be much happier with the grass to eat and the ground to scratch around on.  The tractor is all ready and we will move them tonight when they will be easier to catch.
Next on the list is hoeing out the weeds between the rows of vegetables in the garden. Some things aren't coming up yet because of the cooler temps and now the drought but I don't want weeds to get a jump on the vegetables.
Hubbie went to bush hog in the bottom pastures this morning.
When I finished hoeing in the garden I gathered this Kale and put it in the instant pot for lunch.
After we ate I went back outside in the mid 80's heat to check on all the chicks . These 3 Silkie hens all hatched with a week of each other so that will make it easier to put these chicks all together to grow up. First hatched was this lone Silkie chick.
Second was this other white Silkie who managed to hatch 5 out of about 8 eggs. She has 3 layer chicks and 2 silkie chicks.
And third was this meany black hen who hatched all 3 of the layer eggs I stuck under her just to get her out of the nest boxes in the regular house. I call her meany because she attacks my hand from all the way back in this box every time I put feed or water in the box.
I came inside and put away some laundry and then daughter dropped off CA here while she went to exchange a package with a lady down the road from her that the Fedex delivery mixed up. We sat outside and cooled off with popsicles.
IR stayed with RL to play with the bunny rabbit.
#1 son went with daughter and son-in-love in his truck to exchange the packages which were clearly marked with the correct addresses so why they got switched who knows ?????
After they picked up CA hubbie and I got chores done a little early and then went over to daughter's house to have supper with them. 
We came home and moved the chicks into their new house. 
Thankful for the wonder blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night










No comments: