Wednesday, May 26, 2021

FOUND A WATER TANK

 Up to greet all the grands this morning. Hubbie took g-son to school while the girls and I watched cartoons. I got chores done when hubbie got back and then the girls and I had breakfast. I had a cake delivery and an egg delivery this morning and no one wanted to ride along so I met my friend Susie with the cakes and Clare picked up her eggs.  I came home and as I walked in the door hubbie held up his tablet and said call this number about this water tank. I called and luckily the man only lived a little over a mile from us and said he would hold it for me until he got home around 2:00.  We had promised the girls a picnic trip to the walking trail so we packed a lunch and headed over there.  The girls ate and then we walked the trail and let the girls stop and play when they wanted to.  They all had a good time.




These butterflies entertained the girls for a long time as they flitted about.


We were on our way home when the man called and said he would be home at 2:00. We came home and dropped off the strollers out of the back of the truck so we could fit the tank in there. It is a nice 300 gallon tank that has had soy bean oil in it.  It is just what we have been looking for. 
When we got home the girls played outside for the rest of the afternoon until their mom's came after them.  Hubbie and I worked on cleaning out the tank and rinsing it with water. We found out the man who sold it had never used it because the oil was mostly hardened inside . We got it cleaned as best we could with cleaner and rinsed good with bleach water. #1 son and d-in-love came up and helped us set up a stand for it and get it out of the back of the truck. We didn't expect to get that much done. Today is also watering day for the garden and all my back yard plants so we spent time getting that done and we emptied one of our open water tanks.  Hubbie went over to daughter's to spray weed killer and pick up her trash. I worked on watering while he was gone.  I now am having to carry water from the outside spigot below the house to my chickens.   When hubbie got home he helped me move the new chicken tractor and then we both came inside. Hubbie got to sit down but I had to bake 6 more caramel cakes.     I was truly ready for bed tonight with some aching muscles and tired legs.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.

God Bless and Good Night

No comments: