Sunday, May 23, 2021

HOT SUNDAY

 Up to another hot day as the temperature continues to be in the mid to upper 80's with bright sunshine this morning. I got chores done and I took time to get all the chicks out on the ground where they were acting very happy but were still more crowded than I expected them to be. Guess I will have to make some changes to the big camper cover tractor and put half of them in there. Back inside we fixed beef stew, kale greens from the freezer ( to use all the things I put up last year) , corn on the cob, green beans and biscuits with cherry pie for dessert.  Everyone made it to lunch except d-in-love -Tif who was with her mom and sister today and son-in-love who is at his nephew's baseball game. After we ate #1 son and #2 son went home with daughter to finish getting the bunk beds together.  The rest of us watched the kids outside and had a nice visit.

Hubbie went with daughter to pick up a mattress for the bottom bunk but they didn't have one like she wanted so she is going to wait for that.  I spent a restful afternoon relaxing out in the covered patio.

I measured and figured out a way to fix the camper cover chicken tractor so the younger chicks will be safe in there. We got chores done and then moved 13 of the ones that look like roosters to me into the camper cover tractor and that leaves 13 in the new tractor. They are way less crowded now. We just have to get in the routines now of going in and out of the night time roosting spots so they can be shut up.

I came inside and rested the remainder of the evening.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.

God Bless and Good Night