Thursday, May 6, 2021

PLANT SALE, ERRAND DAY AND TRACK MEET

 Up to greet IR and CA this morning as hubbie went to pick up g-son and take him to school. After he returned I got chores done and then grabbed a breakfast bar and coffee and headed out the door to meet up with daughter out at the school to check out the annual green house sale from the FFA.  As always we found plenty and had the back of my Honda Pilot full. I unloaded all of the plants under our covered patio when I got home and then we got right in hubbie's truck with the girls and headed out to get our weekly errands done.  We made stops at the PO, the dump / recycle center, the bank, Sav Mor grocery, the Curb market to turn in my ballot about the parking kiosk that some of the board members want to put in the parking lot , my vote was a resounding "no". I think that would be a death sentence to the market which is struggling right now to attract customers, a parking kiosk is definitely not going to help attract customers!   Any was we also met a cake customer there for a cake delivery and then went on to Johnson's produce stand for some fresh strawberries and other vegetables. We picked up the girls a cheese burger and fries on the way home.  We made it home for a late lunch. I went up to the raised beds and gathered lettuce and radishes to add to some of the fresh vegetables I bought. I love the garden season and walking up to the garden for fresh vegetables.

After lunch the girls wanted to get out the riding toys and the new (to them) jeep that we bought a battery for.  IR took right to driving the jeep with only one mishap that landed her in the bushes.





She just said "oops" and got right back in it and backed it out.
CA tired of riding with her sister quickly and got her own ride.
We all went to g-son's track meet this afternoon at East Henderson High school and g-son did triple, long and high jumps. He has a nasty shin splint that was really hurting him today but he pushed through and placed in all the jumps. 
We all came home and hubbie and I got out to get chores done. I found more hatched chicks this afternoon as this second mama has several new hatchlings plus the third setting Silkie has hatched all three of her eggs. It was pretty cool this evening so I didn't disturb them for pics except this precious little curious peeper .
At least these second and third hatches were better than the single chick that hatched from the first batch of eggs.
Hubbie bush hogged the upper pasture today instead of doing more work on the logs which I was glad of because I am still pretty sore from yesterday's work. 
I iced a cake tonight then relaxed for the evening.
Thankful for the blessings of the day and praying that g-son's leg gets better quickly.
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

Congrats to g-son on placing in all his jumps. Cute pictures of the girls. Have a great weekend.