Saturday, May 1, 2021

HELLO MAY !!!

 A beautiful Saturday morning to welcome a new month. Daughter picked up hubbie at 8:30 to ride with her and the girls to take her dogs to the groomers. While he was gone I got chores done and had breakfast. He got back in time to take eggs to the mailbox for a pick up and then he went to work cutting up a random limb that fell out of another tree into our yard in the winds yesterday.  When he finished that he got on the lawn mower. I don't know how I grass grew so much without any rain but we have a jungle. I started cleaning house, as much as I would like to be outside this is the start of a new month and the kids have been telling me for a couple weeks that my Easter decor needs to be gone !!!  I put all that away today as well as the Edenpure heater in the sunroom. Fingers crossed that I won't have to get it back out !!!

I also sat all the vegetable plants outside in the sun to start the "hardening off" process. I was planning on leaving them out for 2 hours but the sun is so hot today after a little over an hour I saw some of them starting to wilt so I watered them and brought them back inside. It will take about a week to get them used to the sun all day but it will be worth it to not loose any of my plants.                                                 Hubbie finished the mowing and weed eating about the time I had put some late lunch together so we both ate and then we tackled the next thing on our todays' to do list which was putting the fence back up around the younger hen's lot. Daughter and the girls arrived just in time to help, well IR helped and CA napped while they were here. IR hunted and carried rocks to put around the post hubbie was putting in the corners of the lot. We worked in the hot sun until we got that finished and daughter and the girls went home. Hubbie and I took a well deserved rest until it was chore time sitting out in the covered patio.    We grilled some pork chops and baked some potatoes for an early supper to re-energize and then got the chores done.  D-in-love and RL came up to help move the younger hens back into their newly fenced lot.   They will be happier in the morning with more space to roam around for sure.            Hubbie and I relaxed for the evening and had an early bedtime.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.

God Bless and Good Night

No comments: