Friday, May 7, 2021

SUMMER GARDEN STARTED

 Up to greet all the grandkids today. Hubbie took g-son to school and the girls and I snuggled under blankets to watch TV today as this bright sunshine rising up in the sky is very  misleading with the low 50's temperatures and high winds .

When hubbie returned I went out to get chores done on what feels like a late winter morning instead of a mid spring morning. The weather this year sure has been not very normal . But I you have to have highs and lows to come up with an average so I'm sure this isn't the first time for cooler temps this time of year.
After breakfast I made a cake delivery and then came home to disappoint the girls because the wind was now coupled with some showery clouds and they were wanting to go to the walking trail today.  We settled in to play inside until lunchtime.  We all had a good lunch then CA fell asleep in her high chair nixing any hope the older girls had of going to the trail this afternoon. I took RL and IR outside to play with Rosie and do whatever they wanted to do to make up for having to stay home today.  We were still outside and CA was just waking up from her nap when daughter and d-in-love arrived .  After they all left hubbie and I decided to work in the garden this evening since it was certainly cool and tomorrow we will have help with moving more of the logs from the driveway as both sons are planning on coming over to help.  Hubbie went up to start tilling and working what we already have planted and I sorted all my seeds .
We side dressed and hoed the potatoes which have all come up and are looking good so far.
I also hoed the onions and my brassica plants and put this climbing fabric up for my snap peas which are really looking good this year. Something ate all my pea plants to the ground last year and I had no peas so hoping this year will be better.
We also got green beans, dried beans, cucumbers, yellow squash and zuchinni squash planted tonight before it got too dark and cold.  It felt funny planting the garden in jackets but it was better than sweating under a hot sun as we usually do while planting. I didn't want to set out my plants tonight because the temperature is supposed to drop into the low 40's tonight and I have a feeling I will certainly be glad I didn't put out any plants because at 10:30 it is already 45 degrees tonight.  Everything that is growing right now should be fine with temps into the 30's if it gets there like it looks like it might.
We came inside and had a late snack supper then relaxed for the evening. 
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

Blessings Happy Mother's Day