Saturday, May 15, 2021

PLANTING SATURDAY

 A lazy Saturday morning to get ready for a busy day felt good. We had an egg customer picking up her order at 10:00 and I was going to make an egg delivery at 11:30 so we had time to get chores done and have a leisurely breakfast before our activities for the day began.  Hubbie handled the pick up order today and made the delivery. When I got back home hubbie was at #1 son's house helping him till his garden and mark off rows.  I came to our house and put away some laundry and did some house cleaning. When hubbie got back with the rototiller he put it away and got on the mower to mow lawn for the next several hours. The sun and clouds are battling today which is making the mid 60's temperature feel pretty uncomfortably cool.  I fixed some broccoli salad for a quick lunch for us when he finished mowing and then we went up to the garden to get our plants set out. The weather is supposed to warm up this coming week but the days are supposed to be partly cloudy so that will be a perfect way to finish hardening off the plants. We worked for several hours and we were both dragging tires but we got 100 tomato plants and 70 pepper plants set out plus a row of dried pole beans planted for a bonus.






As we finished the garden and got things put away I got chores done and was getting water when I noticed this old rose blooming.  If you've followed my stories long you this red climbing rose has been through several moves yet it still continues to thrive and be beautiful and smells wonderful.

These dark pink roses I dug up at #2 son's old house are also starting to bloom.
And even this really struggling Rhododendron has put out several big pretty blooms this year.

I was glad to get inside and get my feet up tonight and after a good hot bath tub filled with bath lavender scented Epson salts for my sore muscles my bed felt so good.
Thankful for all the wonderful blessings of this day and for the strength God gives me each day.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: