Saturday, May 8, 2021

FIRST FARMERS MARKET OF THE SEASON

 Up early on this Saturday morning to meet up with some of the family to visit opening day of the Depot Farmers market.  It was a beautiful day as we got chores done and grabbed a cup of coffee and a meal bar on the way out the door.  The market was pretty crowded but thankfully they still have a mask mandate on but of course there was several folks who refused to wear one.  The girls were all very well behaved.


We bought some kettle corn and plants and then the girls all spotted this booth and had to have a set of butterfly wings each of course.

The lady at the booth did a butterfly dance with the girls !!
We left there and came home to a busy day. I did some house cleaning while hubbie got all his chainsaws sharpened and then we tackled the logs in the driveway. #1 son came in with the small trackhoe and helped us get it all cleaned up. We were very grateful for the help of the machine on the biggest pieces or we would still have a blocked driveway That would look like this.

After we finished that job and son left to take the machine back hubbie and I dug up some Hostas in the woods in front of the house and replanted some of the ones that had gotten smashed from the logs dropping on them. I also planted the day lily I bought at the market this morning up on the bank. It looks very good and we are delighted to have this job behind us !!


We rested a few minutes before chore time . I have more hatched chicks from the Silkie mamas.  This other white Silkie hatched out 5 chicks from the 8 eggs under her. She has 2 little Silkie chicks and 3 layer chicks.
This black mama who is a very protective mama and flew into my face when I opened the door to her hutch hatched out all 3 of the layer hen eggs I gave her. 
She has one of each color !!  She will have to be moved out of this small hutch into another one that she can get away from the door because I don't want her in my face everytime I put feed and water in there.
Hubbie and I had a very nice relaxing Saturday night, tired but happy tonight.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night







No comments: