Monday, May 24, 2021

LAUNDRY MONDAY

 Up to get another week started and this week is g-son's last week of 8th grade. I can't believe he is a high schooler now !!!!    Hubbie took him to school while I watched TV with all 3 of the girls.  When he got back I went out and did the morning chores. All the separated chicks look fine this morning and were glad to get out on grass this morning while it is still cool.  I came back inside and had breakfast with the girls. After we ate I gathered laundry and got a load started with the help of IR and RL. While it washed hubbie took my Honda to a local auto inspection station so I can order my tag. The county I live in is one of a few that are still doing these inspections. He came back and I did more laundry. The girls went outside to play for a while before it gets too hot.  We all had lunch and then CA went down for a nap and I took the older girls back outside with popsicles and ices to keep cool in the 85 degree sunshine.  We checked on all the chicks and refilled waterers.  The we sat on the porch in a rocker and enjoyed the afternoon.

Daughter picked up the girls to go to her house while d-in-love A took g-son to the orthodontist to get a replacement for something on his braces.  I finished laundry then watered the flower pots in the sunroom and in the front yard. I am so tired already of carrying water this year.   I did chores then watered my raised beds while hubbie water the pepper and tomato plants in the garden. We desperately need some rain as we are almost out of water in our catch tubs where we catch the water from the barn roof. We are going to get another water tank and put it at the shed so we will have more water and it will be enclosed so leaves and debris can't get into it.
It is really hot this evening but clouds are covering the sky and it feels pretty humid outside. Hopefully the high pressure that is sitting over our area keeping all the rain away is breaking up.  I was pleasantly surprised with the chicks left in the new chicken tractor that they all went into the upper part to be shut up tonight all on their own. Of course I had to put the 13 chicks that we put in the camper cover tractor up in the upper enclosed part tonight but they went along pretty willingly as I guided them up the walking board.  I came inside and baked 6 caramel cakes for an order tonight.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night