Tuesday, October 12, 2021

APPLE PIE FILLING MAKING DAY

 back to the regular schedule today with hubbie getting g-son to high school then riding with daughter to take IR to pre-school. I got chores done and was coming out of the last pen after letting the guineas when something went down the back of my shirt. All I could think about was a nest of baby spiders crawling all over my back so I wasted no time stripping off my shirt. There was a bunch of short red hairs around a spot where it look like I had mashed something but I couldn't find anything else. As I carried my shirt back to the house, (thankful to live in the country so no big deal walking around in my bra), I met hubbie and CA calling to our cat which we could hear meowing loudly. We all followed the meowing until we located a small black half grown kitten hiding in the Crepe Myrtle bush in the front yard. We thought he was stuck in the branches but when hubbie reached for it the kitten jumped down and ran into the woods. CA was very disappointed because she said she just wanted to hug it .

We came inside and all had our breakfast after I washed my back off and got a new shirt. After we ate we all took eggs to meet a customer and then went into Sav Mor to pick up a few groceries.  We came home and put things away before d-in-love-Tif and daughter arrived with apple pie making supplies. The bushel of Jon-a-golds I bought a couple weeks ago have not kept well at all in the basement and they had to be processed today so daughter picked up another bushel of golden delicious on her way home with IR. We all ate lunch then we launched into making 21 quarts of pretty and delicious apple pie filling.


Hubbie got to cuddle all the girls today and NP had her "pawpaw" time today !!
RL joined us after school while d-in-love-A picked up groceries and her and IR got in some aunt T time!!
It was a busy but fun day of food preservation.
After we finished and the canners were turned off everyone took a nice break outside in the cool evening before everyone left and hubbie and I got chores done.  The moon is still bright in the cloudless sky tonight.

So thankful each day for the family I have been blessed with and all the daily undeserved blessings that our Precious Savior pours out on my family and me.
God Bless and Good Night