Thursday, October 14, 2021

CARL SANDBURG HIKE

 I was surprised this morning as I got up that my knee wasn't sore at all after all the walking we did yesterday. I got chores done and then daughter dropped hubbie and CA off to have breakfast with when I came inside. After we ate we loaded up in hubbie's truck and went to un the weekly errands. We only had stops at the PO, the dump / recycle center and the Curb Market today to pick up money for what I had sold this week. We picked up lunch for CA and IR on the way home and as soon as we got here we switched vehicles and headed back over to Carl Sandburgs to meet with daughter and EA and #2 son and d-in-love-T and NP to do some hiking. IR and CA could have stayed in the goat pasture all day and loved on all the mama goats. The man at the barn said they didn't breed the goats to have any babies this year because of Covid ???   Anyway the girls didn't care if they were big or little goats they just loved them .







It was a beautiful day for hiking and exploring.



We all left there and went different directions. #2 son went home to mow grass and hubbie and I came home to yardwork also. Hubbie mowed the lawn and I got my mums that I bought last weekend planted along with the remaining tulip and jonquil bulbs I had.  Daughter took IR and CA to get haircuts and they were very good with the beautician and got cute trims.



I also got these pink banana squash picked . These 2 large ones were touching the ground and have a couple soft spots on them so I left them out on this little roof to see if they will harden.
I brought these inside the sunroom to cure on a table out there for  awhile.

RL came up to help with chores this evening and had supper with hubbie and I. The sunset wasn't as colorful tonight but was still beautiful.


  After RL left we settled in for a restful evening.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: