Tuesday, October 19, 2021

LAUNDRY DAY AND BAND CONCERT

 Up to another 34 degree morning. Glad I brought the plants in last night as there was another scattered frost across our area although I didn't notice any up here on our hill yet.

I got chores done then had breakfast with CA and hubbie before we loaded the furniture and bed covers up from last month and took them to the laundry out the road. It only takes 25 minutes to wash all of them at one time and I bring them home on these pretty warm sunny days and hang them on the line to dry. This might be the last time until spring I get to line dry them but we'll see.  We had some good help hanging things out. She brought me all the clothes pins when I needed them just like I remember g-son loved to do when I hung out laundry and then she held the basket of rugs while hubbie hung them up.

We had lunch when daughter brought IR and EA by to eat with us.  After we ate IR and CA talked hubbie into going outside with them for a while. I emptied one of the dehydrators and bagged the apple slices out of it. The cinnamon sugar I sprinkled on them made them taste very good. When IR and CA came back inside they wanted to snuggle with EA to get warmed up as it is breezy and cool outside today.



Then this one climbed up in my lap and went to sleep tired from her active morning at preschool.
Hubbie had to carry her to the van asleep when daughter got ready to go home. After they left hubbie and I watched the news and then got chores done. After chores we redid the roosting poles in the big hen house so I can move some of the pullets into the house with the older hens.  We also got the new door and window hooks on the "bonesteel" chicken tractor in the garden so it will help keep preditors out of it. As the temps go down we always have more trouble keeping things alive around here during the night. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with these hens yet. I am going to see how this first move goes and then decide what to do with the 9 hens in the bonesteel tractor.
It was after dark when we finally got inside and I baked 6 caramel and 2 coconut cakes before settling down for the evening.
In other school news of the day, g-son had his first high school band concert tonight and he had a couple solos and did great without missing a note on his part. He looks so handsome and grown up in his band suit.





And also BB had some excitement at his school as the sheriff's breast cancer car paid his class a visit today. BB is the first one standing at the front of the car with a big smile on his face !
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: