Saturday, October 2, 2021

BUSY SATURDAY

 Up to a foggy morning today. 


I got chores done and then grabbed a meal bar and a cup of coffee before heading out the door to meet an egg customer on the way to meet the rest of the family at the depot farmers market. Everyone made it to the market except #2 son who was working.  We all shopped the market which was pretty crowded today . I bought some "creamed" and flavored honey which was really good and I got a plant "mother of a thousand" which is a succulent. I will make a picture when I get it potted. I also got some fresh focacia bread and some of my favorite Christmas bread from the bakery that always sets up at this market.              We all split up and made a couple more stops on our way home.  RL and IR wanted to stay with us so they got to help us in the garden.

We planted a row of cabbage and broccoli plants and then I planted the remainder of the Collard seeds I bought to see if the third time would be the charm for them to come up.     The girls helped dig up the plants to transplant and then they spent their time picking up worms in the freshly tilled soil.

We moved on to our next project which is building another firepit spot on the outside of the flat spot we already made for a firepit. We are planning on using the original flat spot for sitting next to the firepit. The girls were all in to help be counterweights while hubbie sawed the 6x6 post for the new pit.


All this work totally wore the girls out !!!
Hubbie got the pit built and secured ready for some gravel that #1 son is bring in Monday and then we need to go shopping for a new firepit.
The girls were ready to ride back to the barn.
The girls helped me with chores then RL went home and CA came over to get her share of Saturday with Neena and Pawpaw while daughter did some clean up work.  We had supper together then watched TV until daughter came to pick the girls up.   Hubbie and I relaxed for the rest of the evening.
EA is 5 weeks old today and isn't sure what to think about getting older.


Thankful for the family God has blessed me with and all the other blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: