Monday, October 18, 2021

COLD MORNING

 Up to get another week started. It is a very chilly morning at 36 degrees. There was frost down at #1 son's house but thankfully none that we noticed up on our hill. I didn't take any plants in because the prediction for frost didn't come until after dark and hubbie and I both were so tired we decided to chance it with the plants.  We will be getting them all in their winter homes today so we don't have to worry through another night.  I got chores done and came inside to have breakfast with CA.  After we ate I got weekly laundry started. Daughter and d-in-love-T were coming over after lunch to make apple peel jelly today bit d-in-love-T called and said #2 son was home from work today with a stomach virus so we postponed our jelly making until later in the week.  Daughter dropped off EA and picked up CA to go with her to pick up IR and to meet the 2 year old teacher so she could see where she is going to start school the first of November.  Hopefully she will like it as much as IR does.  Daughter  brought lunch in for the girls and brought her computer to put in grades for her students this afternoon. IR and CA played dress-up this afternoon.


I picked up our Aldi order about an hour late this afternoon due to labor shortages at the store but the Sam's Club order that I put in for pick up tomorrow was ready this afternoon also so I got all our supplies stocked back up in one afternoon.  Daughter worked all afternoon on her grades and the girls played and napped.  I finished laundry and then watched the early news.  Daughter and the girls left before I went outside to get chores done. Hubbie and I moved all the potted plants inside tonight for the winter. It is already 45 at 10:00 and it usually drops 10 degrees by morning so I don't have to worry about my plants tonight. After tonight the temperatures moderate a bit into the 40's but we went ahead with the move and it feels good to have things in their winter homes for the next cold snap which is bound to come soon. Our average first frost date was today and like I said there was frost all around mostly in the valleys this morning.  There was another clear sky with the "hunters" moon getting fuller tonight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for #2 son to be on the mend quickly.
God Bless and Good Night