Tuesday, October 26, 2021

PICKING LATE VEGETABLES

 Up to get this day started. Daughter dropped all three of her girls on her way to work. I got chores done and then had a cup of coffee before loading up IR and Ca and taking IR to pre-school. I asked the teacher about a list of books IR had picked out at the book fair yesterday and she said I could go to the library and buy them this morning so CA and I took the blank check daughter had given me and got all but one of the books on IR's list and CA picked out 2 books of her own. We headed home and when we got here EA was just waking up from being asleep since daughter dropped her off. She had her bottle and went right back to sleep. CA and I had breakfast. I felt like I needed some protein this morning so I had eggs and bacon and CA ate half my bacon with her cereal and toast.   We played the morning away. She loves dressing up and today her pick was a witch outfit.

She took an early nap and missed going back to pick IR up.  IR had another good day and was happy to come home and have lunch.  I fixed EA her lunchtime bottle and then fixed IR and CA their lunch. Hubbie fed EA her bottle and then she sat and looked around while hubbie and I ate our lunch. D-in-love-A called and said she had to drive a bus and RL wanted to know if I would come pick her up.  I peeled and cored the last of the Fuji apples we had bought earlier this month and re-filled both dehydrators with cinnamon flavored slices. The sunroom has the most fragrant smell this evening.
CA rode with me to pick up RL from school. We came home and all the girls had snacks of apple slices and then they played well together until both moms came to pick them up.
After they left hubbie and I got chores done and then came inside for the cool evening. I picked the tomatoes and peppers that were on the vines this evening in case they miss the temperature predictions overnight . They are saying 37-38 but last time they continually missed the temp by 5 degrees higher than it actually got so we could see our first freeze or at least the first frost tonight if they miss it again.   I am still unbelieving that we have vine ripening tomatoes and peppers plus I found a small yellow squash on a blooming squash vine this last week of October.

I also pulled a couple radish and then covered the bed where my lettuce and spinach is growing just in case the temps get to freezing.
Alot of the colored leaves blew off the trees today in the high wind that has been blowing.

I iced the caramel cakes I baked last night.  After peeling and slicing all the apples and icing the cakes my back muscles tightened up and I had to sit with the heating pad on my back for a while tonight to relieve the pain I was having.
Happy 2 months to this little sweetie, NP.


Thankful for the wonderful blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night