Monday, October 4, 2021

CHANGING APPLES TO PUMPKINS

 Up to get a new week started. Hubbie was doing his school delivering duties while I got chores done in a light misty rain. The rain overnight left 1/2 inch in the gauge this morning.  We had breakfast with CA who wanted to spend the day with us and then hubbie played with her while I got weekly laundry started. It is the first week in the month and time to change out all the decor and furniture and bed covers from apples to pumpkins.  When I pulled all the sheets from the bed I noticed out mattress cover could use a cleaning.  I have tried washing it in my machine before and because it is so heavy I didn't feel it cleaned very well so I decided to take it out to the laundry to put it in one of the commercial machine. As I tried to sneak away from CA she saw me and wanted to go with me so hubbie came along also . I put the cover in the machine and then CA said she was hungry so we went and got her lunch and let her eat picnic style on the benches in front of the laundry while the cover finished washing. We came home and dried the cover in our dryer and then did more routine laundry . Hubbie and I had lunch of leftovers and CA ate a bowl of cereal while we ate. Daughter and d-in-love-Tif are staying at daughter's today so daughter can get some cakes baked and get some work done.  I got 3 loads of weekly laundry done in between putting out Fall decorations.

 I put some scare crows on the front porch this year to the delight of CA who is naming them.

RL came here after school while her mom went shopping . Daughter brought IR over to play awhile also. #1 son came in from work and they took the girls home.  After they left hubbie and I got chores done and hubbie cleaned some of the weeds off the potato patch. We need to dig them as soon as the rain ends because he saw lots of mice holes around the potato hills.

We came inside and I baked 6 caramel and 1 German chocolate cake tonight.  The rain held off during the day today but we are expecting a lot of rain in the next couple days. 

Thankful for the blessings of this day.

God Bless and Good Night

No comments: