Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BUSY DAY, NEW STEPS

Woke to a beautiful day,sunshine and so warm,ahhhh! I even opened the doors and some windows while I was cleaning house,felt so good to have fresh air flowing through the house. Finished cleaning and 4 loads of laundry about 3:00,a little later than I had hoped.
After a brief rest soaking up some of this wonderfully warm sunshine,it was 50 degrees but the sun made it feel really nice.
I started tackling my workshop this afternoon,I found a couple things I had no idea were in there, 1 of them was a whole bunch of tomato stakes,in my sewing shop??????
I have a bunch of old jeans to make aprons and handbags out of and I got those all sorted through,they filled up 3 plastic containers! This is going to take a while!
Hubbie and daughter came in from work and all 3 of us hauled and spread the gravel in our new steps.












These before pictures taken last October and November gives you an idea how much work has been done over the late fall and winter.
The gravel stairs and patio will minimize the mud that gets tracked into the house.
My back is telling me just how hard I've worked today. I'll be on the heating pad tonight for sure. It feels good to look back on all the day's accomplishments even with a sore back I have a satisfied feeling.
Sure felt good to be outside working in the yard doing something other than shoveling snow!
After supper hubbie went down to help daughter with some of her projects she has going on.
There is rain in the forecast for tomorrow,maybe it will miss us and guess what is in the 7-day forecast?????? I'll give you a hint, it's white !!!!! The Almanac says snow at the end of March,I was hoping they would go 1 for 2 with their snow predictions for this month since they already hit the one at the first of the month.
As I sat outside today for a little while,my little white squirrel came so close to me it was unreal,I so wished that I had my camera,but I didn't. One thing for sure next time I take a break in the yard,I will have my camera!
God has been so good to me and my family,I praise His name daily for His goodness.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi, Looks like you got alot done today... Your new addition and sidewalk will be GREAT... Take care of that back though...

We had more dreariness and cold temps here today... Wish we could get some sunshine. I have no desire to start spring cleaning until it warms up some. I am anxious to air out the house...

Happy St. Patty's Day... Wear your green.
Hugs,
Betsy