Friday, March 5, 2010

NEW DISHES,NEW USE FOR OLD DISHES

Started the day with weight lifting again,I'm a little sore but not bad. After breakfast I baked cakes until after lunch. #1 son picked up g-son from pre-school and brought him in for lunch. After I finished my cakes we took a ride back over to the sale I went to yesterday just to have another look around,plus I knew the ride would put g-son down for his nap.
Daughter came by and picked up her baking supplies,she is going to do her baking at her dog sitting job and drop it off tomorrow morning on her way to work,school is in session for the first time on a Saturday in many years.
While g-son slept I washed and put away my new dishes and sorted through my old odds and ends to donate or through away. Hubbie came in, took one look at my new dishes and said I don't know where you got those but they look like they were made for you!! That's what I thought yesterday when I saw them. The pattern is called "Heartland" and reminds me of my life of farming. I think I got a pretty good deal,8 dinner plates,salad plates,cereal bowls and cups, a butter dish and salt and pepper shakers for $20.00. The only thing missing was saucers,I asked about them today,as I thought maybe they had forgot to put them in the box yesterday when they wrapped them,but she said they weren't there to start with and I really didn't know if they were or not, we don't use saucers under our cups anyway!! I still love my new dishes!
I found in going through my old stuff that I had a lot of Blue Willow pattern dishes,some from my mothers house. To me it was too valuable to get rid of so I used my new shelf in the sunroom and I think it made a really pretty display. I have a box to take to donate tomorrow also,I didn't realize how many dishes I actually had.
#1 son picked up g-son early and I decided to walk our fence for the first time in a while, I put on boots instead of my walking shoes and headed out to enjoy the last of this pretty but windy day. The sun is shining brightly but the temperature only got to 43 and the wind is still blowing so it still feels like winter for sure. There is a lot of snow left in the shady side of the pastures.
I could actually see my foot prints from the last snow still imprinted in the bottom layers of snow.
The water in the creek was so crystal clear this evening and the level was the lowest I've seen it this winter.
After a hamburger patty grilled on our George Foreman, we went to finish church,then for me it was icing cake time. I started at about 9 and finished at 10:45 just in time to blog and watch the news before calling it a day.
God is good all the time,all the time God is good!!!!!! Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, A few days ago, I posted about our Heartland dishes that mother and I collected. The post was named "China Cabinet." You got a real bargain! If you go to www.replacements.com, you can see all the different pieces that were made and their value. Then you'll realize just what a good deal you got.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Congrats on the new dishes, Marilyn... You did get a great deal---and aren't they gorgeous. I can understand why your hubby said that they were made for you. WOW!!!!!

Glad you got out to take a walk. It's beautiful here too--but that wind will cut you in half.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Hey Girlie!!! When I was in college, I wanted that pattern like no other....never did get it though. What do you MEAN you don't put saucers under your coffee cups anymore? I love a saucer...makes me feel closer to my grandmother who did that. I love the plates you have in the sunroom!!! We are enjoying 60's in the temps this week....wow, does it feel GOOD!!! Have a great weekend!