Thursday, March 4, 2010

SEARCHING FOR SIGNS OF SPRING

Greeted this morning with this nice little flock of Red Winged Blackbirds that I have not seen this winter making my day a little brighter with the realization that spring is truly on the horizon.After my Yoga tape and breakfast I payed bills and caught up February paperwork,hoping the temperature would moderate and the wind would die down some.
When this didn't happen by lunchtime I braved the wind and cold and headed to town to do weekly errands. On the way I stopped at an old house where they were having a liquidation sale. You know I didn't bring enough old stuff in from the in-laws so now I have to go buy some!!!!! Among items I bought today were these old magazines for $1 .... These are all from 1959-1971 and looked like they would be interesting reading and just good conversation pieces. I also bought a set of china,but I actually need a good set of china,all mine is mismatched with cracks and chips,so this will give me a good set to use for everyday. I'll post pictures tomorrow as I didn't have time to unpack it this evening since I didn't get home until 5:30. We did chores,ate a snack supper,watched Survivor and cleaned church.
It sure was good to see the sunset this evening without a cloud in the sky. The wind is still blowing tonight and the temperature is 28 at 11:30. When I left town this afternoon it was 39 degrees,so it definitely still feels like winter!
Praising God tonight for His intervention in my everyday life and giving me the health and ability to handle each day as He would have me glorify His name. Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love old magazines and china!!! I know you will enjoy a little quiet time thumbing through the magazines and I can't wait for you to share the china. Blessings to you this weekend.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Love seeing the Red-winged Blackbirds. I've only seen one around here ONE time.

Can't believe that you bought more 'stuff'---after all of the 'stuff' you took home from your inlaws home...

I am not a 'stuff' buyer---but I sure do spend alot of money on my backyard birds. ha ha

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy